Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My World

Every time the lightning strikes, I want you to remember my passion.
As the rain falls upon your face, those are my tears.
When the scent of the impending storm fills your nostrils, recall my desire.
And as the thunder rumbles, that is my heart beating beneath my breast.
Take all of this in, and know that It will all be locked away in a song.
No longer will I mourn the loss of our love-instead I will revel in my new found glory.
I am woman, and I am stronger than you ever gave me credit for .
I choose to walk this path now, not out of necessity, but a personal choice.
I need no man to hinder me in my quest for happiness.
If I decide to wear my miniskirt and heeled boots, I will wear them with pride.
If I choose to dance naked in the rain, I will...and no man can tell me otherwise.
I set the rules now.
If I choose a lover, it will be on MY terms.
I need no man to oppress me or stifle my passion for life.
I will choose someone to walk beside me and be my partner.
All of this is part of my brave new world.
You are no longer a part of my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment