Monday, March 9, 2009

Memories....

As I sit here listening to some old songs, I remember things...the dreams I had, the loves in my life, all the aspirations a young woman could have.
I wanted to be a rock star...sounds like a joke, but I actually had a 7 octave range at one time and sang in a garage band.
I wanted Johnny to love me and make plans for our future together....
I stopped blaming myself for the death of a good friend....
I fixed up my '68 Torino myself...and watched as it went through someone's living room with no driver behind the wheel...
I thought about cutting my long hair off for the guy down the street who said short hair was sexier on a girl...
The songs I'm hearing each bring back a thought or memory I had forgotten about. Sometimes things are better left alone, sometimes it's better to confront them and change what can be changed.
Now I have to move on, away from the past and into the present, whewre things aren't so clear.
Do I apply for a job back in East Texas?
Do I hope and pray I get accepted to Tech?
Do I stop trying to entice a certain individual to take more notice of me?
Do I let my past go???

No comments:

Post a Comment